my adventures

There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good, she was very good indeed, but when she was bad, she was horrid.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sarcasm is my 2nd Language

"You see, that is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm.  It's really funny." ~ Brandon Sanderson
"Are you always a smart ass?  Nope.  Sometimes I'm asleep." ~ Jim Butcher


A recent conversation between my mother and me, as best I can remember:

Mom:  Alex is convinced that the water tower at the end of the road is full of grape juice.

Me:  What?  No, he's not.  He knows it's a water tower.

Mom:  He says you told him it has grape juice in it.

Me:  No, I didn't.  Did I?  I wouldn't do that.

Mom:  He was adamant that his mother told him there was grape juice in the water tower.

Me:  Okay, well, he might have said "Mommy, what's in the water tower?" and I might have said "Grape juice, Alex, what do you think?  It's called a WATER tower."



As a side note, the water/grape juice tower conversation between Alex and I happened SO long ago, I'm shocked he even remembered it.

As another side note, it's a real possibility that I'm warping these children.




No comments:

Post a Comment