my adventures

There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good, she was very good indeed, but when she was bad, she was horrid.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Friday, July 15, 2011

Funny things are everywhere

"When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle."   (Fox in Socks)
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss
  
I like Dr. Seuss better than a lot of the other children's books out there.  While there's the real possibility you'll end up tongue-tied, he's funny, interesting and clever.  My issue with his books is this - I still don't have an answer when asked, "Mommy, what's that?":

2 comments:

  1. Like Dr Seuss' quote. made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very familiar with that book, it was one of Connor's favorites. I think secretly he just wanted to torture me with the tongue twisters in it!

    ReplyDelete