my adventures

There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good, she was very good indeed, but when she was bad, she was horrid.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sometimes it's okay to be naked

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."  ~Mark Twain

These are my children:


My older son Alex will be 3 next month.  He is mostly naked in this picture because he elected to remove all of his clothes, save his diaper, just prior to his nap and, now that he's up from his nap, he doesn't want to put his clothing back on.  Clothing removal is a recently acquired skill for him.  This morning I left him unattended for less than 5 minutes.  He was watching TV when I left but the sounds emanating from the basement soon made it clear that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was failing to hold his interest.  I returned quickly to find him, standing in the bathroom, completely naked and soapy.  I was, admittedly, a little impressed because I didn't realize he was able to take off all his clothing and diaper without assistance.  When I inquired about what he was doing, he replied with every parent's favorite response to this question: "I don't know."

My younger son Mark will be 2 months old in a few days.  He is mostly naked in this picture because I had just finished bathing him when I heard Alex saying "Mommy, I need help."  After rendering assistance in the form of fast-forwarding Tom & Jerry, I decided to take their picture.  No, Mark doesn't look that way because he is scared that his big brother is holding him.  In fact, he looks startled or concerned most of the time.  You probably would too if I were your parent.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA. A new blog to follow by someone I actually know? YES... and done. I can tell I'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two are so cute. I know I'm prejudiced but I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me miss you...I like it when a persons writing sounds just like they do in real life.

    ReplyDelete